Mors Earring Stud
Available: In stock
The Remains Jewelry Mors earring stud features a skull in a recessed diamond frame. The recessed area is oxidized to an almost black color, allowing the skull to be highlighted with a beautiful contrast. Skulls were commonly used in jewelry in the 16th and 17th centuries as a reminder of our own mortality (memento mori - latin for "remember that you must die"). Although this was originally used in a more religious context, we hope that wearing a memento mori piece will allow you to remember to treasure the life you live and enjoy it to its fullest.
The Mors earring stud measures 7mm wide and 9mm tall.
Earring post is made of sterling silver, and measures approx 10mm long.
Each earring is sold individually, and comes with a sterling silver bullet clutch backing.
For a pair, please add 2 into your cart.
All of our Jewelry at Remains Jewelry is made to order and carefully hand-finished just for you! Please allow up to 2 weeks of production time for each piece.
We believe that packaging and presentation is an integral part of the jewelry experience. Our packaging consists of:
- Your selected jewelry in a plush black velvet jewelry drawstring pouch with our logo inside of a
- Matte black cotton-filled square jewelry box along with
- A complimentary piece of polishing cloth to keep your jewelry looking shiny and new, and an
- Jewelry care instructions card
- Carefully wrapped with black hemp cord and sealed off with our signature black wax seal with our custom stamp.