Mors Signet Style Ring
Available: In stock
(Latin) noun. Death.
Aside from its Latin meaning, Mors is also the personification of death in Roman mythology. Mors does not discriminate and is the inevitable end for all living beings. Skulls were commonly used in jewelry in the 16th and 17th centuries as a reminder of our own mortality (memento mori - latin for "remember that you must die"). Each side of the Remains Jewelry Mors ring is adorned with an hourglass that has intersecting feathers below – alluding to the notion that time flies. This ring is a reminder that our lives are fleeting and that we should take advantage of our time by living our lives to the fullest.
The inside of the ring features a solid sterling silver coin soldered in, with the Remains logo, 925 mark, and a cicada flying towards the moon. The moon is the alchemical symbol for silver, and is the metal that we make our pieces in. The cicada symbolizes rebirth, much like the rebirth of long-forgotten stories that Remains tries to bring new life to in our jewelry pieces.
The center of the ring is oxidized to an almost black shade, giving a very stark contrast.
*Although this ring is made in the style of a signet ring, please note that the letters are readable rather than mirrored - if used as a stamp on sealing wax, the letters will read mirrored.
All of our Jewelry at Remains Jewelry is made to order and carefully hand-finished just for you! Please allow up to 2 weeks of production time for each piece.
We believe that packaging and presentation is an integral part of the jewelry experience. Our packaging consists of:
- Your selected jewelry in a plush black velvet jewelry drawstring pouch with our logo inside of a
- Matte black cotton-filled square jewelry box along with
- A complimentary piece of polishing cloth to keep your jewelry looking shiny and new, and an
- Jewelry care instructions card
- Carefully wrapped with black hemp cord and sealed off with our signature black wax seal with our custom stamp.
We offer a special premium packaging option specifically for this series of 3 signet rings
Our premium packaging is perfect for gift giving, and costs an additional $15.
- Everything from the default packaging
- Additional decorative black tissue paper wrapping inside of the jewelry box, wrapped with black hemp cord.
- Jewelry box is decoratively wrapped with our special black Thai Unryu paper.
- Explanation of the ring in the style of illuminated manuscripts - inked on natural cream colored Thai Unryu paper and carefully packaged in a black wax sealed envelope.