Mors Pendant Necklace
Available: Out of stock
This product is currently out of stock and unavailable.
(Latin) noun. Death.
Based off of the Mors ring, this Remains Jewelry Mors pendant features a skull with Mors text above. Mors is Latin for death. Skulls were commonly used in jewelry in the 16th and 17th centuries as a reminder of our own mortality (memento mori - latin for "remember that you must die"). Although this was originally used in a more religious context, we hope that wearing a memento mori piece will allow you to remember to treasure the life you live and enjoy it to its fullest.
The back of the pendant features an embossed cicada flying towards the moon. The moon is the alchemical symbol for silver, and is the metal that we make our pieces in. The cicada symbolizes rebirth, much like the rebirth of long-forgotten stories that Remains tries to bring new life to in our jewelry pieces.
Pendant measures 16mm wide by 24.5mm tall.
Necklace features a sterling silver lobster clasp closure.
All of our Jewelry at Remains Jewelry is made to order and carefully hand-finished just for you! Please allow up to 2 weeks of production time for each piece.
We believe that packaging and presentation is an integral part of the jewelry experience. Our packaging consists of:
- Your selected jewelry in a plush black velvet jewelry drawstring pouch with our logo inside of a
- Matte black cotton-filled square jewelry box along with
- A complimentary piece of polishing cloth to keep your jewelry looking shiny and new, and an
- Jewelry care instructions card
- Carefully wrapped with black hemp cord and sealed off with our signature black wax seal with our custom stamp.